To get started with oik plugins.
- Login to your WordPress site as an administrator
- Install the oik plugin and activate the oik base plugin.
- Go to oik options > Options
- Complete as many fields as you can
- Choose Save changes.
Nothing miraculous happens yet. You now need to specify where you want the information to appear.
- Choose Appearance > Widgets
- For each Widget Area where you want to put your contact information, follow me buttons etc add a Text widget
- Type the shortcodes for the information you want to display. e.g. for your telephone number use [bw_telephone]
- Save the widgets and visit the site.
- You will probably want to style the results. Use edit custom CSS to achieve this.
Now consider your pages and posts. Here’s how to create a simple Contact me page.