Installation of the oik plugin is much like the installation of most other WordPress plugins.
When you already have a running version it should be as simple as finding it and installing it.
See Getting started with oik plugins
But sometimes you might need to follow the manual process
- Download the plugin from the oik plugin download page
- Thoroughly read through the “readme” file or the website article from where you found the plugin. It is often helpful to print out the instructions so you can check off the installation steps as you complete them.
- Upload the plugin to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Make any changes to templates or files as required by the plugin instructions, including adding plugin template tags.
- Activate the Plugin:
- Access the Plugin Panel in your Administration Panels
- Scroll down through the list of Plugins to find the newly installed Plugin (if not visible, start from the beginning to check to see if you followed the instructions properly and uploaded the file correctly).
- Click on the Activate link to turn the Plugin on.
- Activate any sub-plugins you may need.
- Visit the settings pages to configure the plugin(s).
- Continue making any modifications necessary from the “readme” file instructions to make the plugin’s actions meet your needs.