In this post we demonstrate an example of the bw_related shortcode to find posts related to a particular field value through a matching category value.
[bw_related post_type=post category_name=_plugin_ref._oikp_slug exclude=-1]
List posts which are in the category determined by the value of the field
_oikp_slug associated to the post referenced by the current value of the
_plugin_ref field for this post.
i.e. List posts categorised in “oik-fields”, including this one.
- [bw_table] currently dependent upon oik-fields plugin
- Documentation for the oik-fields plugin
- New versions of oik, oik-fields and oik-css plugins
- oik v2.1 now available
- oik version 2.0-alpha, API and shortcode documentation
- Problems with meta_compare=”>=” shortcode parameter in WordPress 4.0
- Requirements for Post Meta plugins
- Using bw_related to find posts in a category related to a CPT fieldref value
- This is a rather convoluted example.
- It was created primarily to demonstrate the power and complexity of the bw_related shortcode
- It uses the concept of field references ( fieldref ) where the field value used is from a field associated with a referenced post.
- The bw_related shortcode determines that the value for the
category_name=parameter can’t be an actual category_name slug so it looks up the value to use.
- In this case, since there is a string before the period (.), it recognises this as a fieldref.