The latest version of the oik plugin (version 1.5) has been uploaded and is now being tested.
oik version 1.4 is now on WordPress SVN and is being tested right here on this website, www.oik-plugins.com.
Changes in this version include:
- New plugin with the [ bw_pages] shortcode for listing subpages, optionally within [bw_blocks]s
- Support for Artisteer 3.1 beta version 2 ( 220.127.116.11079) – so that shortcodes are expanded in multi-post blog pages.
- [ bw_block] and [ bw_eblock] shortcodes now support themes generated with Artisteer 3.1 beta versions
The next version of oik, version 1.4 will include a new shortcode to list sub pages. This shortcode is specifically designed for use in websites developed with Artisteer themes. The default behaviour will be to list all first level subpages of the current page, sorted by page title and showing the featured image and excerpt within an Artisteer block.
A sample screen capture is expected soon.
Use the [bw_tides] shortcode to display tide times and heights at a harbour near you. The default is Chichester Harbour.
We’ve just discovered that if after installing oik version 1.4 you activate oik blocks before visiting the oik options page then you can get a fatal error loading a missing include file.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function bw_block_() in /home/oikplug/public_html/wp-content/plugins/oik/oik-blocks.php on line 58
I’ve just got oik version 1.3.1 to appear to find that the Beta 1 version of Artisteer 3.1 has improved the div structure for blocks.
hover to slideToggle source
. Just when I thought I’d got the hang of using SVN ( see How to use SVN for WordPress plugin management ) I find that the “stable” 1.3 version of oik is back level with respect to TRUNK. So I got a fatal error trying to activate the oik base plugin.
My conclusion is that I should have created the copy from the HEAD revision, rather than the specific revision.
Now I’ve got to try to fix it.
I failed to delete version 1.3, so the new tagged version in SVN is 1.3.1. Let’s see what that looks like from the point of view of a downloader.
Oops. I’ve just discovered that if you happen to attempt to use the [ gpslides] shortcode, but you don’t have slideshow-gallery-pro installed and activated then you get the following [fob].
Fatal error: Class 'Gallery' not found in /home/oikplug/public_html/wp-content/plugins/oik/oik-add-shortcodes.php on line 11
So I’m going to have to fix that before marking oik version 1.3 as the stable version.
This poem was first revealed at a ‘City local’ networking meeting – HTP Contacts Club – on Thursday 6th September.
Use the [bw_facebook] shortcode to display a Follow me button for Facebook…
Use the [bw_linkedin] shortcode to show a Follow me button for LinkedIn
Demonstrating the [ bw_block] shortcode.
oik version 1.3 is now being tested on www.oik-plugins.com
In this version:
- [ bw_show_googlemap] improvements
- added parameters – allowing more than one Google Map
- Added: [ div]/[ sdiv], [ ediv] and [ sediv] shortcodes for <div> tags
- Added: support for Artisteer art-blockcontent and heading background images
- Added: [ bw_emergency] for Emergency phone number
- Added: [ bw_abbr] for company abbreviation e.g. bw = bobbing wide