oik-nivo-slider is now available from WordPress.
The uk-tides plugins is now available from WordPress.org
A new version of oik is currently being tested on a number of sites including two new WordPress Multisite sites, built under www.rowlandscastlewebdesign.com
Introduced in oik version 1.10, the shortcode will list the PDF files that are attached to the selected page, post or custom post type
Use the [bw_posts] shortcode to create a simple list of posts. Use the
category_name= parameter to select the category of posts to be displayed.
Use theshortcode for producing a list of attachments to a post, page or custom post type.
oik version 1.10 was made public on 9th February 2012.
Here’s a summary of the documented changes.
- Added: for listing attachments
- Added: for .pdf type attachments
- Added: for producing a hierarchical tree of children of a ‘page’
- Pagination not working in WordPress 4.4
- Swapping oik-plugins.com and oik-plugins.biz
- oik-plugins.com has moved to SiteGround
- Pagination not working properly in WordPress 4.1
- How to fix an unresponsive Menu button in child themes of TwentyTwelve
- oik v2.3-alpha.0509 now available
- oik-plugins supports WordPress 3.9 with oik version 2.2
- Sponsoring WordCamp Sheffield – 26th April 2014
- Weight / Country shipping – WooCommerce extension
- oik version 2.2-alpha-0326 now available
- Added: © Copyright oik-plugins 2011-2021. All rights reserved. for use in footers
- Added: Introduced support for lazy shortcodes – where the shortcode function is not loaded until it’s needed
- Added: <> and shortcodes to use when using the HTML doesn’t seem to work
- Added: oik-boot.inc and changed oik_path to accept $file parameter
- Added: button for easier access to trace reset
- Changed: better array/object detection in bw_array_get()
- Changed: added bw_array_get_dcb() where dcb = deferred callback. It only calls the callback function for the default when n eeded.
- Changed: default function for bw_array_get_dcb is __() – to allow for i18n
- Changed: Update Copyright years throughout
- Changed: alter custom header background image styling so that it does not repeat
- Changed: oik.css – added some additional styling – early support for responsive blocks
- Fixed: Fixed problem where shortcode escaping did not work. oik will now become oik
- Fixed: Added missing shortcode function for
- Fixed: Added missing bw_block_25.inc – even though it may not be correct for Artisteer 2.5
Use the [bw_pdf] shortcode to list PDF files which have been attached to your post/page/CPT.
If you code the RSS as you might expect
Tide times and heights not available for -tide-times
Warning: simplexml_load_file(http://www.tidetimes.org.uk/herne-bay.rss) [function.simplexml-load-file]:
failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
in /home/oikplug/public_html/wp-content/plugins/oik/oik-tides.php on line 43
and if you click on the link in the second shortcode you’ll get a 404
So why does it work for Portsmouth and Chichester (Harbour Entrance) without the -tide-times suffix? See the oik tides plugin page
Thanks to Jason Hollingsworth for pointing this out.
PS. I think the explanation is something to do with redirection processing at tidetimes.org.uk working for Pompey and Chi but not other, perhaps newer to the site, locations.
Earlier today I raised a problem on WordPress to fix something that I have been fighting with ever since I started writing oik.
To read about the problem see Ticket #19927
It’s a simple fix to the WordPress code; a lot harder elsewhere.
The © Copyright oik-plugins 2011-2021. All rights reserved. shortcode enables you to display your copyright statement.
oik version 1.9 contains a couple of minor updates: added oik-bbpress plugin, changed oik-header to support the Twenty Eleven theme, changed [ bw_wtf] shortcode