- The main site contains hardly anything, it’s there to let you know about all the other sites.
- The second site core.wp-a2z.org contains the API reference for the WordPress core.
- The third site was cloned from the second site using the Multisite cloner plugin.
This plugin creates an almost exact copy of the site that’s being cloned; it’s created from scratch.
- This third site ( wordpress.wp-a2z.org ) was then updated to contain not only the API reference for WordPress core but also the default plugins and themes.
- All other sites were initially cloned (as a complete site) from core.wp-a2z.org. Then updated to contain the API reference for a selected set of plugins and/or themes
When WordPress is updated we need to update all the sites to reflect the underlying API changes.The current implementation means we have to run oik-batch against every subdomain. Since two passes are required, this can take quite a long time.