Q. How do I set multiple shipping rates per weight/country combination?
A. Create one line per rate required. Suppose your country group 1 was the UK and you want to charge 1.70 for second class post and 2.00 for first class, up to 50 units of weight.
The rates would be defined as
50 | 1.70 | 1 | UK Second class 50 | 2.00 | 1 | UK First class
Suppose you also supported different methods of shipment. Just add another rate for the same weight and country with a new Method Title.
50 | 100.00 | 1 | Knight in shining armour
- Syntax for each rate: Max weight | Cost | Country Group number | Method Title
- The text you enter for the Method Title will be displayed in the Shipping section on the Cart and Checkout.
- The default Method Title will be used if you leave it blank.
- Enter the rates in any order
- If a shipping method is not valid for a particular weight range then don’t create an entry
- If rates change at different weights you will need to create multiple records to allow for the overlap. Otherwise you may only see one rate for a particular weight.