A. No. oik-lib and oik both deliver some shared libraries, but oik-lib does not have all the functionality. oik-lib is the first stage in the transition from plugin dependency to shared library dependency.
- oik was repackaged to allow the oik-bwtrace plugin to be used as a standalone plugin; requiring neither oik nor oik-lib, but sharing libraries peacefully if either plugin is also present.
- the libraries in oik-lib support the start up of oik-bwtrace from the wp-config file
- The idea of oik-lib is to reduce the dependency on complete plugins, and transfer the dependencies to the relevant libraries
- Some plugins will no longer be dependent upon the oik base plugin
- This may make them more attractive to other developers and end users
- It may however be necessary for the plugin to be dependent upon oik-lib instead
- Having the logic in WordPress core would allow that dependency to be removed