The oik base plugin takes the pain out of displaying your website content. Plus a whole lot more.
For website owners
A whole host of WordPress shortcodes.
- For some of the simpler shortcodes you provide the information they display just once, on the oik options > options panel. See oik options > Options
- For more advanced shortcodes the data is dynamically obtained and displayed.
- Shortcodes can be used in page content, excerpts and widget areas.
- For more information see oik base plugin
The oik base plugin provides a platform on which many of the other oik-plugins are developed.
Each additional plugin you install uses the logic built into the base plugin. Plugins do not need to duplicate code. This is goodness.
For developers and oik-plugins
The oik base plugin provides services to enable oik-plugins to be updated automatically from an oik-plugins server. Similar services allow delivery of updates to themes.
The plugins also perform dependency checking; ensuring that the required minimum plugin versions are active.
- Are the shortcode parameters documented?
- From where can I download oik?
- How do I get shortcodes to expand in the header or footer?
- How do I install oik?
- How should I read the shortcode syntax?
- What does oik stand for?
- What’s a lazy shortcode?
- What’s a smart shortcode?
- Which version of oik should I use?