oik is an abbreviation for OIK Information Kit. This reflects the fact that the oik base plugin provides a lot more than shortcodes to display your Often Included Key information. It provides a whole suite of shortcodes and APIs.
Many of the plugins from oik-plugins are dependent upon the APIs included in the oik base.
But why did you choose oik?
Originally, oik was an acronym for “Often Included Key Information”.
I wanted something short and memorable. oik may not have been the best acronym I could come up with but it satisfies another desire of mine to somehow be related to Bobbing Wide. It’s actually the last word before Bobbing Wide… if you know where to look. For more information on the history of the oik plugin see Rethinking the Bobbing Wide API plugin name.
So what is it now?
oik now expands to OIK Information Kit, which is a recursive acronym.
Actually it’s more a backronym than an acronym.
- Are the shortcode parameters documented?
- From where can I download oik?
- How do I get shortcodes to expand in the header or footer?
- How do I install oik?
- How should I read the shortcode syntax?
- What does the oik base plugin do?
- What’s a lazy shortcode?
- What’s a smart shortcode?
- Which version of oik should I use?