Q. How do I set the maximum cart weight?
A. Set the rate to a non-numeric value.
10 | 9.99 999 | Z | Maximum cart weight (10 kg) exceeded.
For this example.
- Anything up to 10 kgs will be charged at 9.99.
- Up to 999 kgs, shipping will not be calculated for this shipping method.
Notes: Don’t forget to set the weight to a high value.
Some users have requested support for a maximum cart weight above which shipping can not be calculated.
Assuming there are good reasons for not being able to ship the shopping cart. e.g.
- There’s a limit for the total payment to be taken?
- There’s a limit for the shipping charge imposed by the payment method?
- The order can not be sent in multiple packages.
then it may be necessary to set a maximum cart weight.
When there are no shipping methods available then the default message displayed
There are no shipping methods available. Please double check your address, or contact us if you need any help.
You can define your own message, as in the example where the message will be
Maximum cart weight (10 kg) exceeded..