Outline of videoIn the video Herb Miller:
- briefly describes the requirements behind the oik-fields approach to handling post meta data
- shows examples of each field type
- including sample extensions to the base set: mshot, star rating and userref
- shows examples of field display using [bw_fields]
- shows examples of fields being used in other shortcodes: [bw_pages], [bw_new]
- explains how the requirements are implemented using APIs from oik-plugins
- Shows API links from which to start exploring the oik-fields solution
- Lists the unique features of the oik solution
- Admits to limitations; features not yet implemented… which you will find in other solutions
- Mentions a couple of proposed enhancements.
Post production notes
- Original blog post: Requirements for Post Meta plugins
- The post type used for the examples was called “oik-fields”.
- This CPT name should not be confused with the plugin name.
- The fields were created using the oik-types plugin.
- Each field name used is prefixed with
- I forgot to mention the action hooks which allow plugins to extend the types.
- oik-fields – Field Types
- oik-fields – Field Attributes
- oik-fields – Implementing a new custom field
- oik-fields – unique features