- Implemented using lazy ( just in time ) methods
- Built for use within shortcodes e.g. [bw_pages], [bw_table], [bw_fields]
- Allows end user creation of content using [bw_new] shortcode
- Invokes dynamically generated function hooks. See
- Does not use template files for theming fields
- Non OO implementation for reduced code footprint
- The oik-fields plugin relies on APIs in the oik base plugin.
- Generic handling of field display and update
- Provides filters to define fields and titles to be displayed by default using [bw_table]
LimitationsThe current implementation of oik-fields custom field types
- Does not support field grouping
- Does not support multiple meta-boxes
- Does not support repeater fields
- Recognizes minor performance issues with localization
- Does not yet support custom taxonomies as fields
- Limited validation of field format
- There are many features of the oik base plugin that would not be required were WordPress to implement the functionality in the core.
- fieldref field type – allows linking to fields through the noderef field type.
- userref field type – to be able to work with serialized user meta
- virtual field type – something that’s generated from other content
- oik-fields – requirements and implementation overview
- oik-fields – Field Types
- oik-fields – Field Attributes
- oik-fields – Implementing a new custom field