WordPress SVN example
From the email sent when the oik base plugin was first accepted.
Your plugin hosting request has been approved.
Within one hour, you will have access to your SVN repository at
with your WordPress.org/bbPress.org username and password (the same one you use on the forums).
Here’s some handy links to help you get started.
Using Subversion with the WordPress Plugins Directory http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/svn
FAQ about the WordPress Plugins Directory http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/faq
WordPress Plugins Directory readme.txt standard http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/readme.txt
- The readme.txt file contains the documentation for WordPress.org
- APIs, hooks and shortcodes and other information are documented on oik-plugins.
- Screenshots are normally provided as part of the plugin’s files
- Plugin banners are stored in the assets folder. Size 772×225 pixels
- WordPress plugins are developed by bobbingwide.
- Sometimes vsgloik or other developers are attributed to the development
- Each new version is first delivered to trunk then a copy is created in the tags folder using the version number
- When considered stable the readme.txt file is updated in both trunk and the tag
Issues, bugs, feature requests
You have a number of ways of getting in touch with us. Please feel free to try any of them. If you don’t get a response from a WordPress forum then try contacting us directly.